Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Kicking cancer's ass - day 34

After several posts in a row where it seems like cancer has been kicking my ass, let's get back to ME doing the ass-kicking!!  I had a good appointment with my oncologist today (as if any visit to an oncologist is a good one?).  Apparently <knock on wood> I am on the lower end of the chemo side effect curve and we are all systems go for the next round.  This is huge to me, because the next one is the LAST visit with the "red devil" and that means I will be halfway done with chemo!  Woohoo!!!

I will visit with three different doctors in Dallas on Oct 17th.  We'll meet again with my surgeon and discuss my progress & make a plan for surgery.  I also have to meet the plastic surgeon who will play a big role in that surgery, as well as a gynecological oncologist (say that three times fast).  Since I tested positive for the breast cancer gene, that ups the ante a little bit on my risk for other cancers, including ovarian.  That means I will be having my ovaries removed (good riddance!) either before or after my breast surgery.

So... a lot of major medical stuff in my future, but right now I just feel good that I feel almost GOOD being almost halfway through the dreaded chemo.  Take THAT, cancer!

P.S. In case you missed all of the pink ribbons, October is breast cancer awareness month.  Please get checked.  Do some checking.  Be aware of any changes in your body.  <stepping off my soapbox>

No comments: