Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Friday, October 4, 2013

Kicking cancer's ass - day 37

Random Friday musings:

  • Each of my chemo infusions cost $3300 (according to what insurance is billed).  The injection I receive the day after chemo to boost my white blood cells?  $9900!  I'm not kidding.  For that kind of money, my white blood cells should "boost" into orbit!
  • I am not a fan of Arsenio Hall.  His nighttime talk show is horrible.
  • It's ironic that this is the first Friday night of this fall football season that A) the weather has been good and B) I've been well enough to go to a game.... and it is the BYE WEEK for our team.  Bummer.
  • I'm too tired to read, there's nothing on tv and yet I'm not sleepy enough for sleep.  Lucky me.
  • This afternoon it was sunny, windy and 90 degrees.  Tomorrow morning it is supposed to be cloudy, windy, maybe rainy, and in the mid-50s.  Welcome fall.  (Finally!)
  • We really want to see Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2.  Unfortunately work, softball, football, school and cancer take up too much of our time!
  • I know school fundraisers are necessary.  However, maybe they would be able to raise more money if they lowered the prices just a little.  It's hard to justify paying $15.00 for a small tub of cookie dough!  (But yes I'll do it)
  • K told me that she already knows what she is going to name her kids when she grows up.  Her daughter will be Brooklyn and her son will be Andrew.  When I asked her what happens if her husband doesn't like those names, she told me, "Well, he'll just have to work it out!"  Ha!  Love that girl. 
  • Want to know what MY Friday night entertainment was?  A sixth-grader playing Mary Had a Little Lamb on his trombone.  Five times.  Jealous?  (Seriously, it was great.  I'm a proud mom.)  

No comments: