Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Thursday, October 31, 2013

kicking cancer's ass - day 64

Today begins my tenth week of chemotherapy.  If you've never had chemo before, let me tell you, ten weeks  of this fun stuff is a long freaking time!  In some ways, I look at the calendar and say "Wow, it's almost November".  But in other ways, I feel like I've been on this journey for eight hundred and ninety-six days with one hundred ninety-eight thousand to go.  It's a long, winding, seemingly endless road that nobody wants to be on.  Sometimes, though, normal everyday life inserts itself and I'm allowed to forget that I have cancer for a little while.  Last night was one of those nights.  I managed to cook dinner for my family, and let me tell you, home-cooked meals do not happen often around here.  I even washed the dishes!  After dinner Hubby and I helped the kiddos carve their pumpkins.  K wanted hers to have hearts for eyes.  J designed his with a Minecraft theme.  After they created the masterpieces below, my little family sat around the table and played a game of Trivial Pursuit (which we'll have to continue tomorrow because that game takes forever to play!).



Happy Halloween everyone!

No comments: