Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Kicking cancer's ass - day 55

Every day, at least twice a day, I think of my BFF.  I have known T since we were twelve years old, and for as long as I can remember, she has hated taking pills.  I mean, gagging over the smallest of capsules kind of hate.  Each morning and evening (and some days in between) when I am systematically swallowing the little pile of pills I have to take, I think about her and wonder how she ever managed to do this.

I am not a fan of having to down big horse pills.... I literally drink a whole bottle of water each night in order to swallow the five prescription and supplement pills I take before bed.  My gag reflex is nowhere near as bad as hers, but I still have a hard time taking this much medication every single day.  If you ever have cancer, be prepared to become a pill swallowing expert.  I went from having NO daily meds to having a list longer than Hubby's.  I even had to buy one of those old people daily pill containers.  Oh the joys of being a cancer patient.  The fun never ends!

No comments: