Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Kicking cancer's ass - day 35

Day 35.  That is 840 hours, or 50,400 minutes, or 3,024,000 seconds since I started kicking cancer's ass with my first infusion of chemotherapy.  Wow.  How time flies when you're having fun!

Today was a normal day for me.  No sickness.  No fever.  No aches or pains.  No bad side effects at all.  I even went to work, went to the health food store (for prenatal vitamins...but that's a whole other post), and had lunch with a friend.  All totally normal!  I even wore my big girl hair so I'd look like a normal person instead of a cancer patient.

If only I could get over the feeling that I'm an imposter when I wear my wig.  It's just weird.  It makes me wish I had worn more costumes or played dress up more when I was little.  Or joined the circus.  Or performed historical re-enactments.  Anything that would have gotten me used to wearing fake hair on my head.  Because it's just NOT normal.  Or comfortable.  I see why so many women choose to go "topless".  Unfortunately I am not one who can "rock the bald", nor do I want to.

Anyway, I digress.  It felt good to just be myself today.  I didn't have any doctor's appointments or forms to fill out.  I didn't take any medicine other than my vitamins & an allergy pill.  I didn't even get any medical bills in the mail!  It's moments like this when every little minute is NOT about cancer that make me happy.

No comments: