- When you have bad luck at the casino, it helps when your hubby has good luck. Thanks Hubby!
- The menu prices are pretty ridiculous at Toby Keith's "I Love This Bar & Restaurant". That being said, it was really really yummy.
- For the first time ever, I had nude photos taken of me. Did you know that's what they do when you see a plastic surgeon? (Yes I just put that on my blog. Nothing is sacred in the cancer world.) I thought after having two kids my modesty over stuff like that was long gone. I was wrong.
- The only positive thing about cancer is feeling how much people love you. Nothing else about cancer is fun. Nothing.
- My gynecological oncologist called my breast surgeon and my plastic surgeon "the dream team". I guess if you have to have major surgery, that's a good team to have!
- Speaking of my gyn onc - she's from New York and she also turned 40 this year. Hubby just sat there rolling his eyes as she and I bonded over our Yankee-ness.
- At our next appointment I then had to sit there and roll my eyes as Hubby and a nurse bonded over good old Abilene (her hometown).
- Even though I'm kicking cancer's ass, I discovered yesterday that I still cry when people hug me.
Friday, October 18, 2013
Kicking cancer's ass - day 50
A post for day 50 - better late than never, right?