Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Monday, October 14, 2013

Kicking cancer's ass - day 47

Have you ever had a really bad hangover?  Well, I haven't.  But if I had, I'd imagine it feels like how I feel today.  My stomach is queasy.  I have the most awful dirty sock taste in my mouth.  My eyes won't stop watering.  I woke up to a pounding headache and I'm as weak as a newborn kitten.  I started running a fever last night.  I'm hoping and praying that I don't get any worse.  In the cancer/chemo world, a fever higher than 100.5 warrants a call to the doctor and is considered to be "life threatening".  Huh.  I feel like something the cat dragged in, but I don't feel life-threatened.

Don't the chemo gods know I can't be sick this week?  Tomorrow I will celebrate 12 years of wedded bliss with Hubby.  I do not plan to be sick on the couch for the third day in a row.  I want a lunch date!  Also, Thursday is a biggie as far as my treatment goes.  We will be going to Dallas to see my surgeon.  She wants to see me halfway through chemo to gauge my progress and discuss a timeline for surgery.   I also have appointments with a plastic surgeon and a gynecological oncologist that day.  All of these doctors are going to be in charge of the next phase of my treatment - surgeries to get rid of any stubborn cancer cells still hanging around after chemo and removing anything that might increase my chances of recurrance.

Obviously being couch-bound with a fever and a headache won't work, so GO AWAY!!!

No comments: