Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Monday, September 30, 2013

Kicking cancer's ass - day 33

Out of the mouths of babes....

On the subject of hair loss... tonight I took a big step (HUGE step for me) in my BC battle.  I went out without hair!!!!!!!!!  Granted, I had a scarf-type hat on and you can still see my little wispy bangs, but still.  I was majorly proud of myself.  Until I showed up at K's softball game.  Leave it to second graders to tell it like it is.

"You look DIFFERENT!"  ("That's because my hair is short.")
"No, you look DIFFERENT!" <wrinkling nose>  ("I know, my hair is short.")
"Why are you wearing THAT?" ........... walk away.

"Why do you have that on your head?"  ("Because my hair is short and thin." after which my lovely daughter chimes in "And it's falling out!")
"Well, you look good with that on."  (Thank you sweet A)

"What is THAT?"  ("It's a hat.")
"Really?  A HAT?"  <<sigh>>

I know they are kids.  I know I look different.  I knew the risks when I ventured out into their territory armed only with my do-rag.  That doesn't help my bruised and battered self-esteem.

I miss my hair.


No comments: