Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Kicking cancer's ass - day 41

Apparently I am in a big hurry to return to the cancer center.  I came home from work today and immediately started getting ready for tomorrow, planning wardrobe choices for me and the kids and packing my chemo bag, thinking tomorrow was Thursday.  I even rushed to do a load of laundry because K's uniform is dirty and I thought she had a softball game the next day.  Ha!  I finally realized that I was jumping the gun and I have another day until chemo #4.

I don't know if it's because I have felt SO good for practically the whole time since #3 or because I had my follow-up appointment with my oncologist a day earlier than usual so I haven't been to a doctor's office in over a week, but I feel like I have been waiting for this Thursday for a long time.  I am scheduled to have four rounds of AC (the "A" is the red devil) and then four rounds of Taxol.  I have no idea what my experience with Taxol will be, but I am really, really ready to be done with the "red devil".  My experience so far hasn't been nearly as awful as I expected, and I feel like I am tempting fate by dancing with that particular devil any more!  I want to get this infusion in the books and get through the first few days after when my side effects are the worst so I can safely say I am halfway through chemo.  When you're facing sixteen weeks of chemotherapy, reaching the midway point seems like a huge accomplishment.

Please say prayers that my body handles this next round as well as it has the first three and that I bounce back just as quickly.  Having ten days of feeling pretty much like myself is amazing and I am greedy enough to want that again!

No comments: