Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Kicking cancer's ass - day 60

One of the things I've learned on this journey is to know my limits.  Some days I can push myself into doing most of what I'm used to doing.  Other days I'm lucky to manage a shower.  Yesterday I felt ok and was able to go to J's football game.  Today I ache from head to toe thanks to my new chemo buddy Taxol.  (Ache might be an understatement but who wants to listen to me complain?)   I had tickets to take K to see Angelina Ballerina downtown today but I knew I probably wouldn't feel 100% just a few days after chemo.  Not only that, but cancer patients have to be extremely careful to avoid germs, so going into a theater packed full of little kids probably wouldn't have been a bright idea on my part.  Enter Aunt Susie.  She was happy to step in and go on a Sunday afternoon date with my girl, and K is always thrilled to spend time with her Susie!  Here they are getting ready to head out:


No comments: