Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Monday, October 21, 2013

Kicking cancer's ass - day 54

I've said it before and I will say it again - I love fall!  After a summer spent in west Texas, the cooler temperatures are more than welcome.  I love long sleeves, fuzzy socks and hot tea.  I love football and baking and comfort food.  The one thing I DON'T like right now is the stupid mouth sore that chemo gave me.  Despite doing everything right (taking the right supplements, brushing after every meal, rinsing several times a day, etc) my tongue HURTS.  And of course it's right on the side next to my teeth, so every time I chew or swallow = instant pain.  Even the "magic mouthwash" that my doctor prescribed isn't helping.  I know having completed half of my chemo regimen, I could have it so much worse, but sometimes even a small thing can seem huge.  Woe is me.

No comments: