Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Sunday, October 13, 2013

Kicking cancer's ass - day 45

I continue to be astounded by the amount of love and support that surrounds me on this journey.  I would never wish this situation on anyone, ever, but for anyone who has to walk in these shoes, I only hope that they have the kind of people around them that I do.

This weekend there was a softball tournament held to help support breast cancer awareness (and yes, part of the proceeds will be donated, so it's not just fake "pinktober" marketing).  K's team already had shirts made up to support me (they say "Beacon of Hope" on them with a lighthouse.... how perfect!!) and had little pink sparkly breast cancer ribbons put on their uniforms in honor of me.  When I arrived at her game yesterday, I saw this hanging on the dugout:


You probably can't read all of the small print, but each square is a message from one of the girls on the team, telling me they love me, they're sorry I have cancer, they hope I feel better.  There is no way in the world I can sit around and feel sorry for myself or NOT be inspired by the pure hearts of these little Lady Diamonds.  I'm humbled, honored and touched beyond measure.  Team Michelle ROCKS!!!

No comments: