Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Kicking cancer's ass - day 42



Want to know what happened to me today?  I went to Walmart (looking like I did in this picture, and yes, I know, I do not look like the typical Walmart shopper.  I forgot and actually got dressed & put on make-up today!).  Anyway, while I was perusing the apples, there were two people working in the produce section near me.  I heard the girl say something about hair, but since I don't technically have any hair, I didn't pay attention.  Then I heard her again, a little bit louder.  She said, "I really, really love your hair.  Ma'am?  I LOVE your hair."  I looked up & saw to my surprise she was talking to me.  O-kay..... I smiled and said thank you.  What else do you do?  (My mother voted for whipping off my wig and telling her she could have my hair if she loved it so much.)  Considering my body has not really been my own for the last 2+ months, the fact that someone would compliment me on how I look (ok, she was complimenting my fake hair, but still...) was a huge ego boost.

Six weeks ago, when I started this chemo journey, if you told me I'd be laughing about my hair (or lack of), I'd have given you a dirty look and said you were crazy.  Score one for me, cancer!

No comments: