Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Saturday, October 5, 2013

Kicking cancer's ass - day 38

In my normal day to day life as a wife and mom, I try not to let my role as a cancer patient take over very often.  There's always dishes to do, errands to run, games to watch, etc.  Considering I am feeling okay most days, this isn't a problem.  Do I forget that I am sick?  No.  But I try not to eat, sleep and breathe cancer unless I have to.  Today, though, I was honored by some people around me for nothing more than my fight against breast cancer.  The thoughtfulness and generosity of the people around me (both near and far) continues to astound me.

I received not one but TWO deliveries of flowers today.  One was a beautiful flowering pot from my mother simply because she loves and misses me.  The other was from my cousin and her soon to be husband, just saying they are thinking of me.  Then at my son's football game, I was given a pink sash to wear, on which was written "Playing for Michelle" from the team.  Most of the other moms were wearing them too.  I also received a beautiful little bouquet of little pink ribbon candies.  I was so touched.


p.s. L & K - I hate that I am so close (by Texas standards) and unable to be there for your special day.


No comments: