Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Friday, November 1, 2013

kicking cancer's ass - day 65

I wish I didn't have to wear something on my head every. single. day. I wish that chemo hadn't stolen some of my eyelashes so my eyes would quit watering.  I wish I could drink something other than grape kool aid.  I wish I would stop waking up at 4am for no reason, even after sneaking one of Hubby's Ambien pills at night.  I wish I didn't have to plan every aspect of my life around my doctors appointments.  I wish my skin would stop itching.  I wish my digestive system would make up its mind.  I wish my fingertips would quit hurting.  I wish moisturizer would do it's job and actually moisturize my hands.  I wish I didn't feel like I needed a nap at 10am.  I wish I didn't have to take so many damn pills every day.  I wish I had the energy to take a walk.  I wish I could go have lunch with my kids.  I wish my face would quit breaking out like a teenager's.  I wish I could eat a salad.  I wish my mouth wasn't sore.  I wish I could see my BFF.  I wish I didn't have to brush my teeth a hundred times a day.  I wish I didn't have cancer.

Today is the first day of November - the month of Thanksgiving.
I am thankful to be alive.  I'm young, strong, and happy.  I love and am loved.  Cancer tries to fill me with little bits of negative energy every single day, but at night when I go to bed, I do so as a fighter, a survivor.

No comments: