Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Thursday, November 7, 2013

kicking cancer's ass - day 71

Being patient is the name of the game during chemo, because N.O.T.H.I.N.G. happens quickly.  Someone asked me the other day when my next chemo was, and when I said Thursday, he asked if I was dreading it.  My response, "No - I'm ready to get on with it!".  For one thing, chemo day is pretty unremarkable.  Other than my last infusion giving me restless legs, it has pretty much been me sitting in a chair under a blanket for a few hours.  For another thing, it's really hard to wait when I've been feeling halfway decent throughout this process.  Maybe if I was sick as a dog every day I would give my next treatment day the evil eye, but having at least a week of "normal" each time means I'm just ready to get on with the program!  I'm even doing the "dose dense" version which means you have higher doses of chemo more often than regular treatments, so I could just imagine if I had to wait three weeks between appointments instead of two.  I certainly don't look forward to the way chemo day makes me feel, but each treatment day means I'm that much closer to being finished, and that's what I can't wait for!  After today's infusion, I am now 75% of the way through chemo.... two more and I am DONE!

No comments: