Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Kicking cancer's ass - day 83

Randomness:

Steam-cleaning carpets should be off-limits for chemo patients.  Good LORD I was exhausted last night.
Probably lugging that contraption in from the garage & cleaning the living room carpet after working that morning and grocery shopping wasn't my brightest idea.  When a woman sets her mind on something, not even mean old taxol will stop her!

Yesterday a good friend of ours had surgery for colon cancer.  It went well and he is resting in the hospital, but David and his family could use your prayers.

Thank goodness it's fall because apples are my new food addiction.  I think maybe I should live in Michigan, since every "Michigan apple" I've had lately has been absolutely delicious.  I love everything apple:  apple pie, applesauce, apple cake, apple muffins, apple juice... but mostly I just love apples!

Even though my taste buds have returned to semi-normal, my taste for diet coke hasn't.  This is probably a good thing as far as my health is concerned, but I miss it.

My daughter spent the afternoon yesterday after school on the porch in her Easter dress singing and playing her guitar.  A free spirit, my girl.

All four of J's teachers began their responses with "J is a sweet boy and a very bright student."  It's not as if I didn't know that already, but it's nice that these teachers are recognizing his awesomeness, too.

My mom arrives in two days and I don't have to work for 13 days.  Both of these things are celebration-worthy, especially because within that time we have Thanksgiving, which also happens to be J's 12th birthday.  If only I didn't have another stupid chemo treatment between now and then.  Kind of puts a damper on things.


No comments: