Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Kicking cancer's ass - day 84

Every Wednesday before chemo I give myself a mani/pedi.  Not because I want to, but because wearing dark polish is one of the preventative measures I take to avoid a chemo side effect.  Taxol can sometimes cause problems with your nails... namely turn them black and make them fall off.  Just...ick.

Two things I've been told might help prevent that are icing my hands & feet during treatment, and painting my nails dark.  I've gone to my first two treatments armed with bags of frozen peas, prepared to ice my extremities.  Too bad my premeds cause restless legs syndrome and I spend my infusions taking my IV pole for a walk instead.  Hard to keep frozen veggies on your fingers and toes when you're walking laps.  I have been sporting pretty nails, though, and so far (knock on wood) have not had any issues.


Tomorrow is taxol #3 (chemo #7 of 8).  Fifteen days and I will be DONE!


No comments: