Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Friday, November 22, 2013

Kicking cancer's ass - day 86

Today is day 2 of chemo round 7.  It's kind of the calm before the storm, as with Taxol the bad stuff doesn't hit me until day 3.  I felt good yesterday - even slept throughout my infusion - and felt good again most of today.  It was nice to enjoy a quiet, cozy day at home with Hubby and my mom.  Grammie arrived last night - thankfully before the winter weather hit!  Here we are waiting to greet her:


This weekend we are being bombarded with a massive cold front.  When we left the house for the airport last night it was 77 degrees.  When we walked out of the airport 20 minutes later it was 42 degrees.  The temperature did not go above freezing today and we had a mixture of freezing rain and sleet this morning.  This weather pattern is supposed to hang around until Monday.  Most of the native Texans are complaining about the cold, but this New York girl is happy to have a little taste of winter.  As long as I'm in my house under a blanket with a cup of tea, it's all good.  

I had to go get my $9,000 injection this afternoon, so I know the combination of that Neulasta shot and the taxol will cause major aches for me this weekend, so I'm trying to enjoy feeling normal while it lasts.  

Oh - and my abundance of blessings from good friends continues.  My boy went on a movie date to see the new Hunger Games movie this afternoon.  He and my friend R have been planning it for ages.  She picked him up from school and they ate too much junk food and enjoyed the movie.  I'm so blessed to have people in my life who not only love and take care of me, but also my children.

Bundle up everyone - it's cold out there!

No comments: