Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

kicking cancer's ass - day 77

I had a different post written for today, but it wasn't very upbeat and I'm feeling pretty happy so I'll save it for another day.  Know why I'm happy?  After six days of a taxol-induced haze of pain and after spending the last two days at home with my sick daughter who wasn't really all that sick anymore, today she went back to school and I feel pretty good!  Hallelujah!  Happy hump day to me!  Since she has been fever free since Sunday, I decided to rebel against doctor's orders and send her back to school early.  Honestly, if she can beat me at board games, run around the house chasing the cat, make herself dizzy on my office chair, sing at the top of her lungs and ask to go to Target, I'm thinking she can go to second grade.

K going back to school meant I had to go to work (boo!) but I got a lunch date with Hubby out of the deal, and then did some retail therapy at Kohls (a.k.a. "I saved more money than I spent").  I didn't need everything that I bought (I limited myself to one impulse buy - that's good, right?) but everything was on sale, I had a 30% off coupon, and another $5 off deal.  Who can beat that?  Oh, Kohls can - they gave me $10 in Kohls cash, too!

See, Hubby?  Now I have to go back.



No comments: