Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Thursday, November 28, 2013

Kicking cancer's ass - day 92

That was then...


This is now...


Twelve years ago today, I was six days overdue with my first child who showed no signs of wanting to enter this world on his own.  (He was stubborn even then!)  In the middle of a snowstorm, after being induced and spending fourteen hours in labor with Hubby by my side, I gave birth to our little miracle boy.  At first he wasn't breathing.  All I could hear was "He's not breathing.  He's not moving."  I was terrified.  After a swarm of nurses and doctors entered the room, they swept him off to the NICU.  It was there a little while later where I caught my first good look at my baby boy on the way to my room.  He was in an incubator wearing a little bitty diaper and he had a little heart-shaped patch on his chest monitoring his tiny system.  When they brought him to me hours later and I was able to hold him for the first time, it was one of the most special moments of my life.

Parenting is never easy.  Each year brings its own struggles and challenges, but this not-so-little-anymore guy brings so much joy to my life.  Every single day his sparkly eyes warm my heart, his quirky sense of humor makes me laugh and his compassionate heart inspires me to want to be more like him.  He has a creative mind that is always working, he has an answer for everything (even when I don't want him to!), he always, always treats others as he'd want to be treated (except his little sister) and I am so proud of the young man he is growing in to.

Happy 12th Birthday J.  You'll always be my baby boy. (Even when you're taller than me.)

No comments: