Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Friday, November 8, 2013

kicking cancer's ass - day 72

I can think of one down side to not being really sick during chemo - I'm gaining weight!!  I can't eat a lot at one time, which means I eat a little bit here & there throughout the day.  My taste buds haven't really affected my appetite for food, but water tastes awful and pretty much the only beverage I can stand right now is grape kool aid.  Needless to say I am drinking a lot more calories than I used to.  Add in the fact that I have zero energy to exercise (being anemic means just washing dishes makes me out of breath) and there you go - pounds are creeping on instead of falling off.  Boooo!  Breast cancer - the gift that keeps on giving.


One of my Facebook friends in a breast cancer group I post with was getting ready to donate her wigs and asked us first if anyone wanted them.  None of them looked remotely like my hair other than the color, but what the heck - even with rotating my wig with bandanas and scarves and hats, I'm sick of what I have.  The wig came yesterday and I really like it.  It's short and straight - two things my hair has not been - ever - but sometimes a new look isn't a bad thing.


No comments: