Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Monday, November 18, 2013

Kicking cancer's ass - day 82



Last night I rode six miles on my exercise bike.  That may not seem like a lot, but considering just folding laundry makes me winded these days, six miles is a marathon.  It's recommended that you should exercise throughout chemo so you can feel better and tolerate the treatment.  Ha.  Maybe if you're a person who goes into chemo loving exercise, you will at least have the motivation to attempt it.  Aside from walking and playing golf, exercise is never something I want to do.

Unfortunately I have been plagued with bouts of restless legs syndrome lately.  Saturday night I woke up in the middle of the night and had to walk laps around my living room at 1:30am because I could not lay still.  Not cool.  So in hopes of avoiding a repeat of that performance, I decided to put in some time on the bike.  I figured ten minutes was a lofty goal and hopefully enough to send my jumpy legs packing, but for some insane reason I just kept going and going.  Maybe it was J playing "Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer" on his trombone that kept me energized.  Who knows.  Whatever the reason, I managed to work up a sweat and maybe work off some of the mint m&ms I've been eating lately.  Unfortunately I still had restless legs the minute I laid down in bed.  If anyone has a miracle cure, I'm all ears!

No comments: