Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Sunday, November 24, 2013

Kicking cancer's ass - day 88

If I say winter weather, Dallas Cowboys football and a turkey dinner, what do you think of?

Yeah, we kind of got the jump on Thanksgiving in our house today.  Even though we will celebrate the holiday with about thirty of our closest family and friends on Thanksgiving, we always have our own little celebration each year here at home, too.  What can I say, this girl still loves her mom's cooking!  Grammie outdid herself this year.  She pretty much made everything from start to finish (with only a little help from each of us), and cleaned everything up, too.  I'm so thankful for my mom (and not just because she makes a mean turkey dinner!).  For the last three days she has been doing everything she can to help take care of me, keep the kids entertained and keep my house clean.  Even though I'm not sick, I'm nowhere near 100% since chemo Thursday and it's wonderful to have help with my "mom" duties.

I spent the afternoon in a turkey/mashed potatoes/gravy/stuffing/rolls-induced coma, and topped it off with chocolate cream pie - and yes, I plan to do it all again on Thursday!


No comments: