Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Kicking cancer's ass - day 32

Some odd musings...


  • The hair on my legs has quit growing, the hair on my head is falling out, and yet I still have all the hair on my arms?!?!?
  • My taste buds have gone on strike, but apparently only with drinks.  For the most part I have no problems eating, but beverages that taste good to me are becoming few and farther between.
  • Foods with strong flavors (spicy, sour, sweet, etc) are the best because I can actually taste them.  They are also the worst, because they aggravate my sore mouth.
  • SDBC (stupid dumb breast cancer) has at least temporarily cured me of my addiction to Diet Coke.  And chocolate.  Neither of those tastes very good at all.  Blech.  Except for M&Ms mixed with almonds.  Yum.
  • My little girl asked me how I know if something will taste good or not.  Huh.  Good question.  I don't know until I try it, and then I hope if it's nasty, it's not something that will taste nasty forever.
  • My oncologist's office in little ol' Abilene has a hard time fitting my appointments in the schedule.  The huge medical center in Dallas where I will have my surgery was able to fit me in for THREE appointments all on the same day.  With three different doctors.
  • Almost all of the SDBC patients & survivors that I've come into contact with truly hate the month of October.  Why?  They call it "Pinktober" because of all of the breast cancer awareness craziness that is everywhere.  I don't know why, but even though I will be going through treatment during Pinktober, it does not bother me.  If someone wants to sport pink in support of the cause, or walk a few miles, or buy products with a pink ribbon on them, more power to them.  I am not naive enough to think that very much of the money spent on this kind of thing actually goes toward breast cancer research.  However, just having people be supportive and making others aware is a good thing in my book.  

No comments: