Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Friday, September 13, 2013

Kicking cancer's ass - day 16

If you ever think you are tired, and you haven't been through chemo, trust me, YOU DON'T KNOW TIRED!  I went to bed last night at 9:45pm.  I was exhausted, probably a combination of the drugs they gave me to control the side effects as well as the chemo drugs themselves.  Insomnia has become my middle name since I was diagnosed, but not last night.  I SLEPT!  And I mean SLEPT slept!  Hubby woke me up once to take my medicine, and I got up again in the early morning to take it again, but over all I slept from 10pm-10am.  That is the most I've slept in one night in months.  Bliss!

You would think I'd be well rested, though, right?  Wrong.  I feel like I've been through a marathon (running, not sleeping!).  I have been on the couch all day.  I don't even have energy to talk.  (Though obviously I have energy to type!).  Luckily the queasiness is only about a 4 on a scale of 1-10.  I haven't eaten much, but I'm not getting sick, so I'll take it.  I do have to work my way up to a shower because I have an appointment at 4pm.  Ugh.  I have to go get a shot that will boost my white blood cells.  Since my white blood cell count was lower than low last week, I know I need this shot, and that is about the only reason I'm willing to get out of my pjs today!

Huge thanks to hubby for going to work late so he could get the kids up, dressed and pack lunches before taking them to school.  I'm blessed.

No comments: