Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Kicking cancer's ass - day 25

Today I am having a little bit of a pity party.  One of the unfortunate side effects of chemotherapy is mouth sores.  I escaped them after my first round, but they are making up for lost time.  Mine seem to want to play hide & seek, too, because they are in the nooks and crannies in my mouth that I can't even see.  I sure can feel them, though, and it is very painful to eat, chew and swallow.  I've been trying to use other people's tried and true remedies, but I think I'm going to have to cave and call the doctor tomorrow.  They apparently have this nifty prescription for "magic mouthwash" and I'm hoping that's the answer to my prayers.

It's also depressing today because I am shedding hair at an alarming rate despite the cold caps, my mom left to go back home and J's football team got clobbered by the Eagles of all teams.

I don't think I did much ass-kicking today, but tomorrow is a new day.

No comments: