Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Monday, September 2, 2013

Kicking cancer's ass - day 5

I walked about 2 miles this morning.  I'm declaring that a huge victory over chemo!  I haven't been able to do much of anything except lay around on the couch most of the weekend, so I was MORE than ready to get out & get some exercise and fresh air.  But, I will confess, when "they" tell you not to overdo it, they really mean DON'T OVERDO IT!  We walked at a moderately slow pace, but by the time I got back, I felt like I had run a marathon.  Literally.  I was exhausted and out of breath.  Chemo leaves you weak as a kitten, no joke.  Thankfully my buddy R doesn't mind that we might have to walk at a snail's pace.  HA!  At least I'm out there, right?

Today is Labor Day.  I'm thankful to have hubby home with us for another day.  The kids have enjoyed the extra day off from school, and it's nice to have family time where I'm actually feeling good.  Tomorrow may be another story, but the kids are back at school and I don't have to work, so if my couch calls my name, who cares?

Cancer be gone!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You continue to amaze and inspire us every single moment of every single day! We hate (and still can't believe!!) that his is happening to you but you are doing it!! You are on your way to getting rid of this horrendous disease! You have so many people praying for you, sending positive thoughts to you....many of them yo don't even know. We love you so very much! AND, we thank God for your wonderful Boyd!! xoxo