Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Kicking cancer's ass - day 21

Today I am midway through my first "round" of chemo.  I am supposed to have four "AC" infusions (adriamycin, or "the red devil" and cytoxan) and then I will start Taxol.  There is still some debate about whether I will have twelve weekly infusions or four "dose dense" biweekly infusions.  Can you figure out which one I am hoping to have?  Let's see.... twelve more weeks of chemo versus eight?  Twelve more infusions versus only four?  Completing chemo before Christmas as opposed to after?  Unfortunately my oncologist is not quite on board with this, but I have about a month to convince him.  In the meantime, I am feeling good.  My taste buds are still on strike, most beverages taste like dishwater and I have the energy of an eighty-year-old diabetic.  However, considering I am well underway in the chemo portion of my treatment, I can't complain.  I don't think I look like a cancer patient, and I don't feel like a cancer patient.  (and yes, I am knocking on wood with every positive thing I say!)

No comments: