Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Saturday, September 7, 2013

Kicking cancer's ass - day 9

Ok, so ending up in the ER to start my second week after chemo was NOT my plan.  I especially didn't plan on going there for a measly headache!  Alas... this was no ordinary headache.  You see, I am no stranger to headaches.  I've had them in all shapes and forms for years and years, ever since I was a teenager and hormones started doing crazy things to my body.  Unfortunately, it seems chemo has found a way to trump even those headaches.  After fighting with this pain off and on for three days, I ended up asking hubby to call the doctor last night.  Of course I have to decide this after 5pm on a Friday.  <sigh>  The on call doctor suggested I go to the ER for a migraine shot.  If only.  By the time I arrived at the ER I was in tears it hurt so bad.  (Before that, really, but if I'm crying in my bedroom I don't care).  We had to wait almost an hour before getting to a room, and then they informed me that since this was the worst headache I've ever had (WHY did I admit that?!??!!) they needed to do a CT scan before giving me anything.  Luckily we didn't wait too long for that, and after I was snug and comfy back on the hospital cot, the lovely nurse came and injected something in my IV.  Bliss.  I was immediately sleepy and NOT crying anymore.  Do I know how to show a guy a good time on a Friday night or what?


No comments: