Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Kicking cancer's ass - day 13

I almost channeled my inner friend A and did an "insomniac blogging" post at 4am this morning.   If you don't follow her blog (MyThreeSons), you should.  Not only is she one of my sweetest, dearest friends, but she is a wonderful mommy, a talented and often funny writer, and another cancer warrior.  Enjoy her words and pray for her!

But back to me.... For someone who has never had sleep issues, this not sleeping is for the birds!  My body is working hard to fight cancer (not to mention process all of the many medicines in my system) - how can someone so tired NOT sleep?!??!?  Ugh.  That and my constant headache are my biggest complaints.

Tomorrow I have to go in and have my blood counts checked.  Never having had a medical condition before, this is something I am not used to worrying about.  When I was in the ER Friday night, my white blood cell count was really, really low.  If any of your counts are too low, they will postpone chemo.  Postponing  ANY part of this journey is not in my plan, so please say a prayer that my blood cells are happily multiplying and that I am healthy enough for chemo #2 on Thursday.

I have said it before and will probably say it a million times more, but I have the BEST friends in the whole world.  I have so many people praying for me, shopping for me, buying t-shirts and bracelets to support me, taking my kids to various places, taking over my softball duties (thank you Kala!!!), and just BEING THERE for me.  I am humbled and overwhelmed.  Truly.  God has truly blessed me with a husband, a family and many friends who mean more to me than they will ever know.

No comments: