Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Kicking cancer's ass - day 27

Today was a pity party day for me.  I woke up with a headache, and am still dealing with some unfortunate side effects, even though I'm feeling well overall.  I think my body just needed a day of nothing - no work, no errands, no housecleaning, NOTHING.  I also took a three hour nap this evening and woke up to an empty house.  Hubby and J had gone to football practice and K went with them.  Not necessary, but very much appreciated all the same.  Obviously part of my fragile emotional state resulting in the pity party was exhaustion, because I am not a napper.  After a cancer diagnosis and especially during chemo, even a good night's sleep is not really a good night's sleep.  When this is all over and I have moved on from this "bump in the road", I will never take sleep for granted again!

No comments: