Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Friday, September 27, 2013

Kicking cancer's ass - day 29

Today was chemo #3.  As far as medical things go, it was pretty humdrum.  The whole thing only took two hours, and I basically sat there texting with friends (and hubby who sat across the room from me because there were no chairs close enough).  I don't know if they changed anything in my premeds (they usually give anti-nausea and steroids), but I was KNOCKED OUT by 4pm and slept for three hours.  Wow.  The up side to that is I slept through the usual nausea that kicks in three hours after I get home.  Unlike the other day, my nap did not hinder my sleep last night.  I went to bed at 10pm and slept until 7am.  If only the next two weeks were as uneventful as actual chemo day!

Since we're talking cancer, I would like to take the time to mention something close to my heart.  My dear friend A who has been a wonderful friend to me (and a very smart knowledge base when navigating this whole new cancer world) has some tough choices to make.  She is pretty much at the end of the line as far as treatment goes.  Her doctors told her there isn't much they can do since her cancer is resistant to almost all chemotherapy drugs.  She was sent to Sloan Kettering in NY, who then directed her to Oklahoma for a clinical trial she may be eligible for.  Unfortunately she learned this week that she unable to participate in the trial.  My heart breaks for her, but at the same time I am praying mightily for some other miracle to fall into her lap.  She is smart and funny and so, so faithful to our God.  She's a wonderful mommy to her three boys and was my first "mommy" friend here in Abilene.  If there ever was a women who deserved prayers and a miracle, it's her.  So please keep her close to your heart and lift her and her family up in hopes of some healing coming her way.

No comments: