Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Kicking cancer's ass - day 8

I survived one week of chemotherapy!  I have taken more prescription medication in the past week than I've taken in my lifetime.  I have eaten hundreds of cinnamon red hots candies because they are the only thing that gets rid of the dirty sock taste in my mouth.  I have brushed my teeth enough to make my dentist proud.  I have rediscovered the joy of mashed potatoes and lost my taste for Diet Coke.  I have walked two miles, gone grocery shopping and even managed to work one day.  I found that being a chemo patient makes you an instant germophobe!  I have made it to a few minutes of softball practice and changed the sheets on the kids' beds.  I have learned to try to nap when I feel the need and I've raided hubby's sleepy pills for the nights when I can't sleep.  Do I feel good?  Not in the least.  Am I sick?  I would say not really.  Do I feel normal?  No, but maybe this is my new normal.  Even with my reduced capabilities, I am able to be hubby's wife and J & K's mom.  I declare that a successful week!

No comments: