Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Kicking cancer's ass - day 14

So... two weeks into this chemo journey and I FEEL GREAT!!!!!!!!  I don't have a headache.  I don't have any nausea.  My body feels normal.  I'm not even tired!  I washed the windows in my car.  I changed the sheets on my bed.  I spent $267 at Walmart!  Ha!  The irony, considering tomorrow I go for treatment #2.  Ugh.  Let the downward spiral begin again.  On the plus side, my house is completely stocked with Sprite, Red Hots, chicken nuggets, french fries and ice cream.  (The first two for me, the second two for the kids and the last for hubby).  What more could we need?

I'm optimistic that I'll do even better this time.  They have given me different anti-nausea medicine, and from what I understand it is the Mercedes of anti-nausea medicines.  Hopefully it works and I'm not sick tomorrow night!  Since my biggest complaint after that first day has been my headaches, I'm waiting for a call back from the doctor's office about giving me medicine for that, too.  I do NOT want to end up in the emergency room with a migraine again!

People are still sad for me.  My friends are depressed when I talk about my chemo appointments.  I'm not sad.  I'm not even mad.  I have cancer and I'm kicking its ass!  Let's get this show on the road!

No comments: