Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Saturday, March 29, 2014

Kicking cancer's ass - day 213

Today has been a little bit of a reality check for me.  Here I was, happily going along in my little world doing what I have to do and thinking I'm holding up pretty good.... and then along comes a softball tournament.  Ha ha.  We've played three games so far today with one more to go, and this lady is exhausted!  I've missed being in the dugout with the girls and helping coach them, but man, I feel like I'm the one who's been on the field all day fielding balls and running bases!  Cancer has a way of stealing your stamina, that's for sure!

Our girls are one of the youngest 8U teams this spring so they're in for a rough year compared to the more seasoned teams, but they still have so much fun.  K hit well, scored twice AND caught a foul fly ball.  Woohoo!  Another bonus was that our "softball sister" (also a K) from the Wylie high school team came out to watch one of the games.  She's a sweet girl and the team was so happy to see her.

Hopefully I'll catch my second wind after a little rest, because our final game today isn't until 9:10pm!




No comments: