Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Friday, March 14, 2014

Kicking cancer's ass - day 198

Everyone keeps telling me I need to slow down and that I'm doing too much (ok, Hubby keeps telling me that)... but I'm not really sure how to do that.  I'm a wife and a mom.  I do my small part to help Hubby run his business, I help my friend run a softball league and I help my kids with whatever they need (and whatever I have energy for!).  Every once in a while my body will demand that I stop everything and rest.  I know that should be more than "every once in a while", but my world hasn't stopped turning just because I'm tired from having cancer (and tired of having cancer!).  

Today was a long, busy day, but a fun one.  I managed to get a few things done that I needed to before meeting up with friends that I don't see often enough.  We took our kids roller skating - and I even put on roller blades and skated for an hour!  We all had lunch together before I had to leave to take K to one of her favorite places in the world - Pony Pal Stables.  For a spring break "treat", she got to go twice this week for riding lessons.  Her favorite horse there is Maggie - I think she would curl up in Maggie's stall and stay forever if I'd let her.

We capped off our day of fun with softball practice.  Luckily it was a gorgeous evening with no wind.  A girl could get used to this!

I'll probably wake up tomorrow sore from skating and overwhelmed with two dozen things I'll think of that I have to do, but for tonight, I'm pleasantly tired and happy to say that no part of my day today had anything to do with cancer.  (Aside from taking my thirteen daily pills - blah!)






No comments: