Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Friday, March 28, 2014

Kicking cancer's ass - day 211

Ok, ok, I missed a day.  Yikes!  Don't freak, people.  I'm ok.  I'm perfectly fine.  Let's blame it on chemo brain.  I thought about posting last night, couldn't come up with anything to write about so I put it off.  And then I went to bed.  Oops.

People are always asking me how I'm feeling (and that's not a complaint, I definitely appreciate their concern) and I always give the same answer:  TIRED!  I don't know if I'm trying to do too much too soon after chemo and surgery or if it's just a cumulative effect of everything I've been through, but I feel like I could sleep for a week.  I'm a little anxious about that, because I've heard the number one complaint during radiation is fatigue.  So I'm wondering...how much more tired can I possibly feel?

The good news is my little stickers they put on me to cover my markings for radiation are hanging in there.  I thought surely there's no way they will survive multiple showers.  But it's been five days and they're still there.  I told Hubby I don't know why we didn't think to ask for some extras in case one came off while I'm at home.

Speaking of Hubby, would you please keep him in your prayers?  It is taking his tongue a LONG time to heal and he still can't eat much of anything besides soup, yogurt and pudding.  He popped a stitch the other night and bled like crazy - scared the you-know-what out of both of us!  So now he's being extra careful.  This has been a long week and a half and it shows no signs of letting up.  I feel so badly for him and know he's ready to be feeling back to normal.  Please ask for healing for him so he can talk, drink and eat like normal without pain.  Thank you!

No comments: