Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Kicking cancer's ass - day 197

I get to check another thing off of my things I need to do to kick cancer's ass list!  Today was my last weekly trip to my plastic surgeon's office in Dallas.  I'm expanded as much as I'm going to be and ready to move on to radiation.  I have an appointment next Wednesday with Dr. Au (my radiation oncologist).  They will "map" and hopefully "sim" my radiation treatment and I will start soon after that.  I'm not sure of my exact start date or how many treatments I'll have.  I do know it will be every day, Monday through Friday, for about six weeks.  I hope those weeks go by with minimal skin reactions and not overwhelming fatigue.

Since it's spring break, the kids went with us to Dallas.  They are excellent travelers and really liked seeing where we have been going every time I have an appointment there.  We stopped for lunch at a place called Boomer Jacks, which is one of J's favorite restaurants.


I'm glad to be home and happy to not have to do the weekly 6 hour round trip drive for a while, although once I start radiation and have to go every day, I might be wishing for just the weekly excursion!

No comments: