Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Monday, April 21, 2014

Kicking cancer's ass - day 236

Tonight we had a "planning session" for Relay for Life.  We are supposed to "decorate" our campsite as well as come up with an on-site fundraiser, AND build a "boxcar" for the Boxcar Lap.  I am so not crafty, so thank God I'm surrounded by people who are, and who have random things handy to help us in our crafty endeavors.

The theme for this event is a Superhero theme, but that didn't seem to fit with me.  My team name is "A Beacon of Hope for Michelle", so we'll be doing lighthouses and lights and lots of pink.  For our boxcar, we're going to make a box boat (to go along with the lighthouse theme).  I'm not sure how all of this is going to play out, but it sure sounds good, right??

I feel so lost never having done this before, but maybe next year we'll be more equipped with some experience under our belt (and more time to fundraise and create!).

Haven't donated yet?  Just go to this link and click "Donate":  A Beacon of Hope for Michelle

No comments: