Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Kicking cancer's ass - day 232

Just over ten days ago I decided to sign up for the American Cancer Society's Relay for Life event here in Abilene.  At tonight's team captain meeting, my team was recognized as the sixth highest fundraising team out of fifty-two total teams.  How amazing is that??


If you haven't donated yet (why haven't you donated yet?), click on the link below that will take you to my personal Relay for Life page.  You can easily donate online - it's for a great cause and obviously something that's very important to me.  Every dollar counts and your support means so much!  


By the way, today was a first for me.  I went out <gasp> without a hat or wig!  I'm still not crazy  (a huge understatement) about my short, fuzzy hair, and I'm still way, way, way self-conscious, but I did it.  I only went to my radiation appointment so I wasn't exactly out of place at the cancer center, but still.  Baby steps.

No comments: