Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Monday, April 14, 2014

Kicking cancer's ass - day 229

Today I had the shortest doctor appointment ever.  I guess if you have to see your radiation oncologist every week, it's a good thing that he makes it quick.  Dr. Au just wanted to visit with me and see if I was having any problems with my treatment.  Considering today was only radiation #5 of 33, I'm not really sure what he expected me to say.  So far (knock on wood) the only side effect I've had is extreme fatigue and it's a little early to have my skin show any reaction, so I guess no news is good news.

On the flip side, I have an appointment with my oncologist tomorrow and that will not be the shortest doctor appointment ever.  Dr. H is not known for his punctuality and he takes a long, long time with each patient.  That's not always a bad thing, but sometimes he goes off on tangents and being there for two hours for a simple follow-up to see how I'm doing is a little annoying.  (I'm not lying - a relative worked for him and her husband would not see Dr. H when he needed an oncologist because she said he would never put up with the wait!)

One other thing that's slightly annoying.  Not only do I have to be at the cancer center at 9:45am for radiation and then back at 2:40 for my Dr. H appointment, but I will probably have blood drawn again for labs, even though I just had that done for Dr. Au on Friday.  <sigh>  I asked today if they would need to do it again and I was told the labs for radiation might be different than the labs for my oncologist.  Of course.  Because why should anything be easy?

On a happier note, Friday night K had a sleepover with her BFF.  This is how they slept:


I love these two girls!

No comments: