Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Thursday, April 3, 2014

Kicking cancer's ass - day 217


This is so me.  I've always loved music.  I can remember being a little girl and sitting by the radio with my cassette recorder waiting for a good song to come on so I could tape it.  My friend A and I would lip sync and choreograph dance routines to Madonna and Cyndi Lauper.  I can still picture being at my first ever concert (Rick Springfield) and even at a young age, I "got" the whole concert vibe.  I'd like to think my musical tastes have improved through the years, although I do still like the occasional flashback to '80s pop or rock (just heard "Every Rose Has Its Thorn" today).  I even went through a rap phase ("Bust a Move" anyone?).

Music touches my heart and heals my soul.  For me, there is no such thing as too many concerts or music too loud in the car.  Hubby will just give me a look if I don't reach over to turn the volume down fast enough when he starts the car.  Ha.  Yes, I play it loud, and yes, I sing along.

My daughter is the same way.  Hubby can listen to a song a hundred times and still not know the name of it or what it's about.  I can listen to a song once or twice and know the lyrics by heart.  I love that K shares my love of music.  Unfortunately her recent playlist includes MattyB.  I can't quite go down that road (although thanks to her, I can sing along with a couple of his songs. Ugh.)

There are some days when a good talk with my doctor is necessary.  There are other days when a heart-to-heart with Hubby or my BFF does the trick.  The rest of the time I can usually count on some good tunes to brighten my day and lift my spirits.



1 comment:

Tirzah said...

Right there with ya, sista <3