Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Sunday, August 24, 2014

Kicking cancer's ass - day 361

Today my son learned how to use the weed eater.  He's been mowing for a few months now, but hasn't had to worry about the weeds.  Since he got in big trouble yesterday, Hubby decided weeding would be a good punishment.  Unfortunately, I think it might have backfired.  When I asked J how the weed eating went, he said, "It was kind of fun."   Ha!  I'm sure the novelty will wear off quickly, though.  And he zapped one of my walkway lights with the weed eater.  Learn as you go I guess.

As I was trying to sneak some chores in, Hubby walked in and ordered me to put the mop down and then he proceeded to mop the kitchen floor.  I do have a cleaning lady every two weeks, but somethings things get to a point where I just can't stand it anymore.  Seeing the footprints on the tile from the kids coming in wet from the pool pushed me to that point.

Since I'm still having to play the part of princess, I recruited K to vacuum for me.  She hasn't quite grasped the concept of making sure you go over every area - she'd go over some places five times and then skip a few feet to start there.  And I had to follow along with her to hold the cord because she couldn't figure out how to maneuver the vacuum while keeping the cord out of the way.  We did tag-team and get the living room, hallway and her and my bedrooms done, so that's good.


Hubby did the dishes, the kids (reluctantly) cleaned their rooms, I finished the laundry and I've started getting everything ready for the kids' first day of school tomorrow.  The heating pad is still my best friend, but my house is straightened up and I'm feeling a bit more organized.  If you know me at all, you know that makes me a happy lady.



No comments: