Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Saturday, August 16, 2014

Kicking cancer's ass - day 353

Do you want the good news or the good news?


Looks like I get to go home today. Woohoo!  That means a real shower, nobody waking me up all night long, no more tubes or needles attached to me and sleeping in my own bed.  Hallelujah!  Everyone here is fantastic - the nurses have taken excellent care of me and my doctor is phenomenal (and she's from New York... need I say more???).  But everyone knows a hospital isn't the best place to rest.  If they're not checking your vitals then they are waking you to ask about bodily functions or to give you medicine.  I appreciate being taken care of, but I'm TIRED!  I'm not looking forward to the three hour drive home, but what can you do?

What could be better than the news that I am getting sprung today?  My daddy beat me to it!  They moved him yesterday from the hospital to a rehab facility.  That's AWESOME!!! He must be making amazing progress if he went from critical care to rehab in less than a week. Way to go Dad!

Please keep both of our recoveries in your prayers.


No comments: