Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Monday, August 4, 2014

Kicking cancer's ass - day 341

My family needs your prayers.

Once again, my intuition wasn't wrong.  That feeling of impending doom was spot on.  My dad was taken to the hospital late last night.  He had a heart attack and has two blood clots.  He can't have surgery on his heart because of bleeding on his brain.  I spoke over the phone with the doctor and he said the situation is tenuous.

My dad is one of the best people I know.  He is kind and gentle, caring and faithful.  He has never said an ugly word about anyone.  He is active in his church, loves to bowl, play golf and fish.  To picture him motionless in a hospital bed is beyond my comprehension.

Lift us up in prayer.  Pray for healing for my dad.  Pray for wisdom and skill for his doctors.  Pray for strength for those of us who love him.



I'm leaving this afternoon to fly from TX to NY to see him, not knowing what the situation will be when I arrive tonight.

Sometimes I hate being right.

No comments: