Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Thursday, August 14, 2014

Kicking cancer's ass - day 351

Today I had to be at the hospital bright and early (and nobody is very bright at 5am - except my mother!) for my surgery.  Since my BRCA+ status puts me at a higher risk for ovarian cancer and tamoxifen can cause uterine issues, I'm having some more female parts removed.  The one big downfall is being thrown into menopause at age 41... but I've been in "chemopause" since September anyway.  I already have the fatigue, hot flashes and mood swings.... I'll just have to work hard to avoid weight gain and do what I can to keep my bones healthy.  All in a day's work when you're kicking cancer's ass!

Throw back Thursday...this was a MUCH happier hospital visit 8+ years ago:


No comments: