Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Saturday, August 9, 2014

Kicking cancer's ass - day 346

Hubby and I had a date last night and between getting a hug from him at the airport and our evening out, I feel like a lot of the tension from this past week drained away.  It was 103 degrees yesterday in Dallas though, so it's possible I sweated out the tension instead!

One of our first official dates was a Tim McGraw/Faith Hill concert years and years ago.  Last night we saw Tim again and the concert was a-maz-ing!  Kip Moore opened for him, and while I enjoyed him, Hubby much preferred the Tim portion of the show.  Faith even made an appearance to sing with her man and the crowd went wild!!







Before I got my concert fix, I caught a flight out of NY at 5:45am for my pre-op appointments in Dallas today. We waited over two hours to have the consult with my gynecological oncologist, and then I had to have pre-op testing. All is well so we are a go for surgery next week.

My dad had a decent day. They are still having issues keeping his blood pressure down, but he was more restful today and ate peas and mashed potatoes for dinner.  I'm so thankful for every little sign off improvement. 



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is there an address to send a card to your father?

Michelle said...

Herb Krein
53 Witchtree Rd
Woodstock, NY 12498