Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Kicking cancer's ass - day 357

Yesterday I posted about my children needing an explanation on what surgery recuperation means.  I think today I need an explanation of what surgery recuperation means.  I'm really not a very good patient.  I listen to instructions, I take my meds on time, I don't do what I'm not supposed to... but I'm hating every minute!!!

I'm supposed to be weaning myself off of the narcotics for pain, so Monday night I didn't take any.  Bad idea.  Four days post-op is a little too soon I guess.  I had an awful night of discomfort, pain, sweating, coughing, etc.  Needless to say, when I started really getting uncomfortable yesterday around lunchtime, I caved and popped a pill.

I'm not allowed to drive, and it bothers me that we are stuck at home for my children's last week of summer vacation.  How fun is that?  Not!

I have been recruiting J & K to help me do things that I know I'm not supposed to, and with their help I've managed to get some laundry done and a few other chores.  So at least I don't feel like I'm sitting around accomplishing nothing.  And yet, I'm frustrated.  I'm frustrated that I still need pain pills.  I'm frustrated that I still feel like my insides have been through a meat grinder.  I'm frustrated that I have zero energy.  My stamina is shot - washing and cutting up fruit after putting laundry away today nearly did me in.  A walk to the mailbox is my exercise these days.

Even though it was a laparascopic procedure, I had major surgery.  I'm pretty sure my doctor stressed that for a reason.  These four tiny incisions on my stomach are an understatement - this was a big deal.  All I can do is rest when I need to and work on building up my strength when I feel like it.  And that sucks.

God bless Hubby and the kids for putting up with me.

No comments: