Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Kicking cancer's ass - day 356

Who wants to give my children some instruction on what surgery recuperation means??

I realize that I'm their mom and I'm functioning fairly well, but bottom line - I had body parts removed. For God's sake, I think you can get your own Gatorade!!  I'm supposed to be taking it easy. I'm not allowed to lift anything or do anything that will make me strain, and I can't drive. For some reason that means my eight- and twelve-year-old can't even figure out breakfast by themselves.  They are bored (because I'm evil and insist on "no video game days") and K spilled slime on her carpet that won't come off.

Even though they've had a mom out of commission a lot this past year, they don't quite know how to deal with me post-surgery this time.  J just got back from three days at a water park with his friend... of course he's bored!  These kids have been going non-stop for weeks.  They're just going to have to figure out how to handle one week where Mom can't do everything for them and we can't go anywhere.

I didn't think I was ready for summer to be over, but more and more I find myself thinking " thank God school starts next week!"

No comments: